WebViewer is PDFtron's flagship product. The UI was not updated for years, and customers and prospects were becoming dissatisfied. The deals were consistently lost to the competition. I put together a team of developers and designers to update WebViewer UI.
Create an incremental update to WebViewer UI to make it more competitive with other viewers on the market.
- Using the OKR framework, set the objective and establish key results.
- Reached out to customers to gather feedback from their users.
- Conducted loss survey analysis into why prospects chose competition.
- Performed competitive analysis looking at vertical and horizontal competitors.
- Got alignment from internal stakeholders to agree on designs and timelines.
- Rapidly prototyped with designers and performed demos of the wireframes to reference customers.
- Working together with the Product Owner to prioritize items to be accepted into the development sprint.
- Held daily standups to track the progress and review the feedback.
- Helped developers with the implementation of the designs to meet the deadlines.
- Continued to interview, gather data and ensure we have met the key results.
- Deals were no longer lost due to dated UI and prospects preferred our UI over competitors.
- The new UI was rearchitected to be more lightweight, performant and allowed for easier product updates and customization in the future.
- The number of weekly downloads on npm went up by 50% after the update.